FlossBand 1″ by Sanctband
Sanctband developed a Flossband set comprising 4 different strengths. The different resistance levels allow the generation of specific application levels for a differentiated stimulation of various deep tissue layers, just as it takes into account the different tolerance limits of patients.
How does FlossBand work?
Through various application possibilities, compression is exerted on the muscles by the band. The high fixation pressure enables an inhibitory effect on the pain receptors and underlying fascia and thus loosens up the adhesion and weak links. This takes place under active and passive movement of the extremity on which the band is wrapped. When the floss band is released, the fluid or blood stasis (“traffic jam”) is terminated and fresh blood hydrates the tissue (so-called sponge technique). This leads to the relief of different types of pain.
When is Flossband used?
Flossing can be used before and after sports. It is also a useful treatment method in physiotherapy. The therapist “flosses”, when pain restricts the movement of the athlete or patient. Flossing improves the body’s power transmission pathways: it generates more power in the tissue, improves viscoelasticity and requires less energy for mobility because of axial transmission through the body leading to more efficiency. Due to the resultant pain relief, patients and athletes are able to move significantly better and faster, without resorting to pain relieving postures.
- Tight wrapping/compression on joints and muscles
- Fixation pressure on pain receptors and fascia
- Preventive and acute applicability
- Specific application levels1 due to 4 different band strengths
- Positive effect on the joint structure, fascia and receptors.
What’s the difference between the colours?
All Colours are great for joints
Light Green : Injury, Warm Up
Blueberry : Warm Up
Plum : Muscular, Myofascial
Gray : Muscular, Myofascial
FlossBand Tension needed:
For Muscles we will recommend 50% to 70% stretch.
For Fascia you can go for at least 50% stretch.
For injuries less than 30% stretch.
What are the different widths for?
1 Inch: For smaller areas such as fingers.
2 Inch: The regular size; used for most joints and muscles such as elbows and knees.
3 Inch: Used mainly for the back.
Please observe the safety instructions:
- This flossband is not a toy. Keep it strictly out of the reach of children!
- Use this flossband only when well acquainted with its positive effects and risks or under the guidance of a therapist or expert. Improper use can cause injury.
- The flossband consists of natural rubber, a pure natural product. Do not use the flossband if you are allergic to latex!
- Check your flossband before each use for any damage or cracks and use it only in its flawless condition.
- These safety instructions are not flossing guidelines and therefore not a substitute for appropriate training in flossing.