Amuri Cloud Barefoot Sandals Charcoal + Coal Black (Unisex) by Xero Shoes
Interested in barefoot running but not sure where to begin? Get the Amuri Cloud Barefoot Sandals for a start! Perfect for replacing your flip-flop slippers or replacing your bulky running shoes for a race, they allow for a great introduction to minimalist running! Now available in Singapore at ArmourUP Asia!
We’ve taken our ready-to-wear Venture and added a whisper of comfort with a custom-made 3mm Barefoam™ insert in the forefoot.
This makes the Cloud even lighter and more flexible than the Venture… A men’s size 9 is only 4.6 ounces (130.41g). The Amuri Cloud floats! Some people think of the Amuri Cloud as their casual Xero Shoe, even though it’s sturdy enough to tackle a 100-mile trail ultramarathon.
- Barefoam™ forefoot insert gives a hint of comfort, without unnecessary padding
- Patent-pending lacing system gives you a perfect fit in seconds
- Flatiron pattern on the Barefoam™ gives you extra grip
- 6mm FeelTrue® outsole protects you from unpleasant surfaces without sacrificing ground feel
- Elegant contour surrounds your foot, but doesn’t add unnecessary support
- Ready to wear — the lacing is already done for you. Just slide in your foot and go
- Patent-pending tensioning system — find the perfect fit in seconds, and then you can slide your Xeros on and off in a flash
- Super soft toe post — since the huaraches-inspired lacing goes around your entire foot, you don’t feel the toe post the way you do in a flip flop or other thong sandal
- Super STRONG toe post — won’t pull through the sole like flip flops do
- Heel cup — keeps your heel in place, helps keep out debris, and adds a splash of color
- Nylon Achilles strap with Silicone grip — holds on securely and comfortably
- Elevated ankle holes — the lace never touches the ground, and so it won’t abrade
Barefoot sandals don’t fit the same way as shoes, or other sandals. Just because you wear, say, a size 10 Nike Free, that doesn’t mean you’ll wear a size 10 Amuri Cloud.
For the best way to find out your size, please stop by our retail outlet to try out! Sizes available: Men’s Size 5-10/Women’s Size 6-11
By following the instructions below, you’ll get the correct fit for your Amuri Z-Trek, Venture, or Cloud sandals.
NOTE: Please follow these instructions to avoid ordering problems:
1) Measure your foot
- Place a piece of paper against a wall.
- Place your foot on the paper, with your heel against the wall.
- Make a mark on the paper at the furthest point away from the wall… this will either be just in front of your big toe or second toe.
- Take a ruler and measure from the edge of the paper to the mark you made.
2. Check your measurement against the charts, below
This will give you a good idea of your size… but PLEASE follow the next step whenever possible, otherwise you still could be a bit off.
NOTE: it’s possible that your size will be different for the Z-Trek compared to the Cloud and Venture. Why? Because the measurement for the Cloud and Venture is affected by the length of your toes — how your foot fits on the sole when you have the toe post positioned correctly.
3. Verify the correct fit by printing the Cloud size template and comparing it to your foot
|Foot Length |
|Foot Length |
|Up to 8 7/8″||Up to 223mm||4||Click to print Template|
|Up to 9 1/8″||Up to 231mm||5||Click to print Template|
|Up to 9 1/2″||Up to 240mm||6||Click to print Template|
|Up to 9 3/4″||Up to 248mm||7||Click to print Template|
|Up to 10 1/8″||Up to 256mm||8||Click to print Template|
|Up to 10 1/2″||Up to 265mm||9||Click to print Template|
|Up to 10 3/4″||Up to 273mm||10||Click to print Template|
|Up to 11 1/8″||Up to 281mm||11||Click to print Template|
|Up to 11 1/2″||Up to 290mm||12||Click to print Template|
|Up to 11 3/4″||Up to 300mm||13||Click to print Template|
|Up to 12 1/8″||Up to 309mm||14||Click to print Template|
Note: Print the templates at Actual Size or 100% Scale.
Here’s a video showing how to use the Template:
How to adjust your Cloud for a perfect fit
Follow these simple video instructions to get the “just right” tension:
Q: Can you really run in these things?
A: Tens of thousands of people all around the world of all ages use Xero Shoes for running… and walking, hiking, biking, camping, going to the beach, hitting the gym, doing yoga, even running 100-mile ultramarathons. Our former Customer Service Manager, Bill, ran from his house to the bus, from the bus stop to the office, back home, and then around with his dogs… then he does his fun runs on the weekend! He put about 120 miles on his Xero Shoes each week!
Q: Will running in huaraches (or barefoot) cure my running problems and injuries?
A: If you have a headache because you’re hitting yourself on the head with a hammer, wearing gloves won’t stop the pain. In other words, it’s not just a question of taking off your shoes and experiencing magical healing powers. Running barefoot, or in running sandals, gives you a lot of feedback about your running form.
In short, if it hurts, you’re probably doing something wrong. If you are willing to listen to that feedback and use it as an opportunity to change the way you run, to adjust your stride, to find a way to move that doesn’t hurt, then there’s a good chance any problems you had that were caused by bad form sure might clear up. In other words, barefoot and minimalist running could show you how to let go of the hammer. Being barefoot, or in huaraches, is an opportunity to find a cure, not a cure in and of itself. Check out this post to read about people who, instead, thought barefoot running was about putting on gloves.
Q: Frankly, we don’t know. We’ve had people put over 10,000 miles on a pair… and they’re still going!
A: Like any shoe, how long they last depends on your running style. If you use good barefoot technique and are light and easy, without scraping your foot on the ground, you’ll enjoy them for quite a while. Besides, considering how inexpensive they are compared to big, padded, running shoes, we expect that you’ll be saving a fortune by using Xero Shoes.